Privacy & Security
Marquette Community Federal Credit Union collects non-public personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us or other; and
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
We do not disclose any non-public personl information about you to anyone, except as permitted by law.
If you decide to terminate your membership or become an inactive member, we will adhere to the privacy policies and practices described above in this notice.
Marquette Community Federal Credit Union restricts access to your personal and account information to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your non-public personal information.
Marquette Community Federal Credit Union is constantly concerned about our member’s critical information and privacy. With this in mind, we have the following security services installed on our Internet server:
- Each server is behind a Firewall. This UNIX based hardware product blocks critical ports and IP addresses on servers from external attack and access.
- Each server runs proprietary software that constantly monitors the servers for unauthorized use and attempts to "hack" into information. Administrators are contact when forced attacks are committed, and countermeasures can be applied to stop these instances.
- All administrative activity requires user login and authentication. All administrative updates are logged into files that can be reviewed later.
- All servers come with a Global Verisign Certificate (RSA) for digitally encrypted communications between the Web server and your member. Information passed in applications cannot be decrypted by third parties attempting to "pick" information being passed across the Internet backbone.
- All servers run the latest version of Apache Web Server, considered the strongest and most secure Web server software on the market.